TeamViewer allows Caldera Technical Support to be access your computer remotely. This allows us to troubleshoot and fix potential problems.
If you are using a Mac computer:
1. Download the free version TeamViewer from their website
2. Install TeamViewer by double clicking the downloaded DMG file.
3. For Mac OS Catalina and Big Sur, please allow permissions for TeamViewer on your Mac.
4. Launch TeamViewer and provide your TeamViewer ID and password.
If you are using a Linux computer and your Debian version is version 9 or older:
1. Download TeamViewer for Debian Linux under Tools from workspace.caldera.com.
- How to navigate to the Tools page in WorkSpace
- TeamViewer for Linux is also available on the official www.teamviewer.com website.
2. Once downloaded, install TeamViewer by going to the Downloads folder, right click the downloaded zip file and choose to 'Extract Here'. This should create a new extracted 'TeamViewer' folder:
Open the TeamViewer folder and double click the 'TeamViewer Installer' to install:
It should install and create a TeamViewer menu entry under the 'Internet' menu item:
3. Launch TeamViewer from the Applications dropdown menu > Internet > TeamViewer and provide your TeamViewer ID and password.
If you are using a Linux computer and your Debian version is version 10 or newer:
Take a look at how to install TeamViewer for Debian 10 or later.
Also take a look at: How to set the correct TeamViewer permissions on macOS.