Some basic troubleshooting steps for hotfolders.
1. On Caldera's side:
- See if any errors are shown and/or if you can manually execute/release "stuck" jobs:
- Take a look at the /home/caldera/.cas/caldera.log file, which might have logged useful information.
- Make sure to be on the latest version and build of your Caldera software, as specified by your license, and also download install the latest revisions of your printer drivers from workspace.caldera.com.
- Try to reset your printer drivers and also use the same method to reset Fileman.
- Try to Clean the tmp or spooler folder.
- Go to Special -> Hot Folders -> Edit -> increase the hotfolder Time-out, for example to 15 seconds.
2. On the network side:
- If the hotfolders are on a network shared drive, the issue might be network related. Check that there's a stable ping to the network shared computer.
- If the hotfolders are on a network share, temporarily create and use a local hotfolder on the RIP computer for testing purposes. Use the local hotfolders for a while to see if the issue disappears.
3. On the hotfolder side:
The hotfolders might have become corrupted. Try to create new hotfolders and test to see if it resolves the issue.